Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Saskatchewan Trip - Part Three

Monday was our last day - we were flying home later that day.  In the morning we visited Scandia Heritage Church and the adjoining graveyard where many of my relatives are buried.
 
The boys loved running around the gravestones.

The grave of my great-grandparents.

The grave of my grandfather, and one day my grandma will be buried here too.
 
Latham saw this gravestone of Uncle Tommy's and said, "Oh isn't this sad, an apple died here!"

"And here a flower died." That boy cracks me up - by the way, he was totally serious.

We tried to explain that they shouldn't walk on the graves, but they didn't quite get it.

The inside of the church my dad attended as a small child.

One of the church's beautiful stained glass windows.

Heading back to Saskatoon I couldn't help but take a picture of the typical, flat fields rolling by.

Back in the city, we passed Circle Drive Alliance Church.  I was dedicated there and attended regularly as a young child.
 
A drive-by picture of the South Downtown - the study area for my Master's thesis.

We couldn't resist stopping here for a quick photo.

It was great, but short trip, although it seemed twice as long as it actually was since we did so many activities every day.  It was wonderful to see all the family on my dad's side, and also the Janzen's (my mom's side) when we were in Saskatoon. 

On the trip home we had a four-hour layover in Calgary, and since Collin travels so much for work he got us into the executive lounge, which spoiled us and made the time fly by.  That's the way to travel!

No comments: