Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caught you red-handed!

Ronan, Latham and I had our weekly parent/child(ren) class this morning, and as usual we went out to lunch with friends afterwards. Even though he ate a good-sized lunch, Ronan was snooping in the pantry the minute we got home. I was at the table feeding Latham (with my back to the kitchen) when the following conversation took place:

Ronan: Mama, don't look at me (red flags go off in my head; he is looking in the pantry)

Me: (Of course I look) Why not Ronan?

Ronan: Mama, don't look at me!

Me: Are you getting a cereal bar?

Ronan: I don't know.

Me: Ronan, do not want me to look so that I don't see you getting a cereal bar?

Ronan: Yes.

Me: I hear you getting a cereal bar.

Ronan: Mama, don't hear a cereal bar!

Caught you red-handed!

I almost hope for his sake that he gets a bit more conniving as he gets older!

No comments: