Thursday, April 16, 2015

Paul McCartney Concert - October 2014

In October 2014 I crossed an item off my bucket list - I saw Paul McCartney in concert!  Collin knew how much I wanted to see my favorite Beatle perform; I had been heart broken when he was performing in Seattle in July 2013 and I knew that I wouldn't be able to go because I would have a newborn (Vaughn was born July 7th).  Collin found out that Paul was performing his last concert of the "Out There" tour in Greensboro, NC, and, having no interest in seeing him perform, he sent my mom and I! 
 
 It was a quick trip; we were in Greensboro for seriously 48 hours.  I had done a bit of research on tourist sites to visit, and after a red-eye flight, we arrived in the city in the late morning, had a quick nap, and we hit our first stop - The International Civil Rights Museum.  It is housed in the historic Woolworth building that was front and center of the Greensboro Lunch Counter sit-in of 1960.
 
The Woolworth Building with the original façade.  The outside of the building looks exactly the way it did 50 years ago when four black college students started the lunch counter sit-in movement that swept the South.

The iconic photo of the sit-in participants.

Mom and I found a little lunch place after the museum.

Greensboro has a rich history, and historical marker plaques are found all over the city.

The next morning we visited the Greensboro Historical museum, which had a variety of exhibits including a huge collection of Civil War artifacts and weapons.

The museum is a super cool building...

...which was once used as a Confederate hospital!

The impressive lobby of the museum.

In the evening was the main event - Paul McCartney!

Mom and I waited for the concert to start.  I was beyond excited!

Paul!

It was an amazing concert.  He sang for three straight hours!
 



Wow! It was an amazing night!
 
The next day we were on a mid-morning flight back to reality.  I took some videos of the concert, and I watch them occasionally to hear him sing again, and I love that I'm singing along with him!

No comments: