Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Major Oops!

All three boys needed a trim - they were all looking fairly scruffy around the ears and the neck.  I got out the (new) clippers and decided Finnian was first since it was almost his bedtime.  I looked at the various size attachments and saw the big number "1", so I figured it was the 1-inch attachment (the largest in the bunch).  I snapped it in to the end of the clippers and my first cut was smack down the middle of Finnian's head.  It was then I realized that it wasn't the 1-inch attachment, it was the 1/8-inch attachment!!! (I still don't know why it had a big "1" on it)  Horrified, I had to continue to cut the rest of his hair off with it, apologizing the entire time.  This is the result:




He doesn't seem to mind, but I sure do!  Big brothers Ronan and Latham sure had a lot to say too:
Ronan: Whoa, Mom, that is short!
Me: (I keep cutting because I have to finish it all the same length)
Ronan: Don't you think you should stop?!?
Latham: Don't worry Mommy, that's how babies should look.  Don't worry.  (Pointing to his own hair) See, this is how boys should look.  But I don't want to be that short, I want to be different short.

Okay, I get it, I screwed up.  At least it'll grow back.  And look on the bright side, he won't be needing another haircut for a LONG time!

No comments: