Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lazy Day

Last Sunday I wanted to bake. A few days before I had looked up jelly roll recipes on the internet because I remembered way back to highschool home ec classes where I made a jelly roll for the first time. We picked up some cake flour when we were out and about, and when we got home, Ronan and I started baking!

Ronan is such a good baker helper!

He fluffed up the egg whites...

...and was excited to "make it snow" icing sugar on the finished product while Daddy and Baby Finnian supervised.

But the best part was eating it - with whipped cream of course!

Although he didn't help with the baking part (he was napping), Latham did get to have a piece or two.

The finished product. We filled it with my home-made raspberry chocolate jam. Next time I think I'll add some custard in there as well.

Then Daddy noticed that the top shelf of my dishwasher was off the track, so he attempted to fix it while Latham used him as a jungle gym. Here is Latham getting ready to climb...up...

...up...

...and away! Daddy sure is patient!

No comments: