Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gifts from Japan!

Last Saturday Collin returned from a week long business trip to Japan. He usually brings the boys little gifts from his travels, but a few weeks ago, he promised Ronan that he would get him Percy, one of Thomas the Train's friends. I ordered Percy online, along with some more tracks, and the toys arrived a few days before Collin came home.

Ronan was so excited about his present "from Japan"! We figured that he wouldn't know the difference whether it came from Japan or not!

So that he wasn't left out, Latham got a gift too.

A funny side note - One night when Collin was gone, Ronan was having a hard time sleeping. I was watching a WWII documentary on TV, and I let him come sit with me for awhile until he could go back to sleep. The documentary was on the Battle over the Pacific, and there were some scenes depicting war time Japan, so I pointed to the TV screen and mentioned to Ronan that the pictures were of Japan, where Daddy was. There were some scenes with gunfire, and since I figured it was a teachable moment I asked him what he thought about the pictures on TV. He turned to me and said, "It's not fair!" When I asked him what he meant he said, "They have guns and I don't!" That really wasn't the direction I was going! :)

Now, anytime he sees a trailer for an action movie where there are guns blazing, his face lights up and he says, "That's Japan!"

No comments: