Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Strawberries!

As many of you know, I love to can. It is so much fun to make jams, syrups, salsas and sauces. Last Friday I dragged Collin and the boys out to a local strawberry farm to do some picking. We picked 31 lbs! It was a lot of work not only to wash and hull them, but also to process them all. I still have another batch or two (or three) of jam that I need to make.

Latham checking out some of the strawberries that we got on our excursion.

"I think I'll put this in my mouth and gum it a bit!"

"Aww Mommy, why won't you let me get a good taste of it?!"

Collin and Ronan returning from a hasty trip to the porta-potty.

Ronan after "picking" - really he just ran around between Collin and I. His cheeks are flushed because it was super hot that day - it was great!

No comments: