Friday, May 29, 2009

Ronan is quirky!

Ronan is quite the little character, and although many times I am too exhausted to put up with his "rules", I know that his toddler brain requires order and routine.

Last night I heard him knocking at his bedroom door like he always does if he wants attention after being put to bed. First he wanted water, then he knocked again to tell me a book had fallen on his toe and he needed it kissed better, then the third (or was it fourth?) knock was to show me how he had lined up some of his books on his bed. I could have been frustrated by all the delays, but instead I thought it was rather cute so I took a picture. Of course, after I put him back to bed for the umpteenth time, there was a final knock to show me that every single book (all 35 of them - I counted) that was in his room was lined up nicely on the bed. I refrained from taking another picture knowing that if I did then the books-on-the-bed thing would become a nightly ritual.

Along with lining objects up, Ronan also likes to separate items into different groups. One evening while I was making dinner, he spent nearly half an hour organizing his alphabet magnets on the fridge. He was so proud of the work he did so I praised his efforts and took a picture. (I don't know what's up with the lone green letter at the end of the yellow row.)

This is how I found him this morning, in a front row seat watching Dragon Tales. What a quirky little guy - he is always so much fun! Oh, to be a child again!

1 comment:

Grant & Krissy said...

What a smart kiddo!! Way too cute.