Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Renovations have started!

This past Monday was our seventh wedding anniversary, and Collin gave me the option of two things to celebrate. We could either, 1) go to a condo on the beach for a night, or 2) we could start our house renovations. I chose the renovations!

On Monday Collin ripped out a section of our kitchen cabinets and the linoleum that was infront of the cabinets. Underneath we found the most beautiful orange and brown lino, and under that was what I assume was the original kitchen flooring.

Nice! (Yes, I am being sarcastic)

Isn't it beautiful!?!

Our first plan of action is to move the wall that separates the kitchen and bathroom two feet into the kitchen (yes, the kitchen will be smaller, but with the new cabinets, I'll actually have 62 more inches of countertop that I do now!). The doorway that I'm standing in to take this picture will be gone and so our kitchen will be accessible only by the dining room. We went to Lowe's yesterday and bought all the materials necessary to erect an interior wall - I love that my husband is smart and handy!

I'll keep you updated on any and all progress!

2 comments:

dee said...

You are a blogger too! If you want to check out my blog, let me know and I will send you an invite.....
Deanna Perrin (Isaak)

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

When we ripped out our ceramic tile in our kitchen, we found 2 layers underneath it.... Aren't reno's fun?